Just sprinted across the street for our Brad Brownell interview right after Venables. The Tigers are 5-1 headed to their first big road game at Ohio State for the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. They beat Nebraska in the Challenge last year. Mitchell aggravated his knee and only played 22 minutes in Friday's win. Brownell said he did is not practicing today and will have to see how it feels tomorrow. I'll have that video along with Venables and the rest of the football interviews posted shortly. Stay tuned!
CLEMSON (5-1) vs. OHIO STATE (5-2)
Date: Wednesday, November 29
Tipoff: 7:16 p.m. ET
Arena: Value City Arena (18,809)
Radio: CTN (Don Munson-pbp; Terrence Oglesby-color)
TV: ESPN2 (Jason Benetti-pbp; Dan Dakich-color)
• Clemson will face-off against Ohio State for just the second time and the first since the 2004-05 season.
• The Tigers are 1-0 against the Buckeyes with an 80-73 win on Dec. 1, 2004 in Clemson.
• Clemson is 9-7 all-time in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
• The Tigers are 67-108 all-time against Big Ten competition.
• Elijah Thomas is nearly averaging a double-double (13 ppg, 9.2 rpg). The last Tiger to finish a season averaging a double-double was NBA first round draft pick Sharone Wright in 1993-94 (15.4 ppg, 10.6 rpg).
• Clemson matches its best start to a regular season since the beginning of the 2013-14 campaign.
• The Tigers have faced first-year OSU coach Chris Holtmann on one occasion when he was the head man at Gardner-Webb; winning 65-44 (Nov. 11, 2010).
• Elijah Thomas set new career-highs in points (26) and rebounds (16) in the Tigers’ 84-77 win over Texas Southern on Nov. 24. Thomas also set a career-high in field goals made (10) and free throws made (6).
• The last time a Clemson player had at least 26 points and 16 rebounds in the same game was on March 17, 1990 in an NCAA Tournament game. Former Tiger Dale Davis had 26 points and 17 rebounds in a 79-75 win over LaSalle.
• Gabe DeVoe set a new career-high in points (21).
• Both Thomas’ and DeVoe’s 20-point outings were the third and fourth of the season for the Tigers.
• Clemson set a new season-best for field goal percentage in the first half (64.0) and for the game (61.2).