Brownell commented on the FBI probe into several basketball programs and would not add to that today. Mitchell is going to practice today and should play, but it remains to be seen how well he will be able to play and if there will be any lingering effects.
I'll have the videos of Brownell and seniors Devoe, Donnal and Grantham posted shortly. Stay tuned!Reply
No. 15/17 CLEMSON (20-7, 9-6 ACC) vs. GEORGIA TECH (11-17, 4-11 ACC)
Date: Saturday, Feb. 24
Tipoff: 3:06 p.m. ET
Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (9,000)
Radio: CTN (Don Munson-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: RSN (Bob Rathbun-pbp; Mike Gminski-color)
• Clemson leads the all-time series with Georgia Tech 70-63.
• The Tigers have now won two in a row in the series, including a 72-70 win in Atlanta on Jan. 28.
• In that victory, Gabe DeVoe set a career-best with 25 points, while Marcquise Reed tallied a double-double with 13 points and 11 assists.
• Head coach Brad Brownell is now 13-4 against Georgia Tech in his career.
• Brownell was recently named a semifinalist for the Werner Ladder Naismith Men’s College Coach of the Year. He is one of 10 semifinalists.
• Head coach Brad Brownell was named a semifinalist for the Werner Ladder Naismith Men’s College Coach of the Year award on Friday (Feb. 23).
• Coach Brownell is one of 10 semifinalists to be named for the national honor.
• Marcquise Reed scored a career-high 28 points and grabbed 10 boards in a loss to Virginia Tech on Feb. 21. He tied his career-best with 10 made field goals and tied a Clemson record for threes made in a single game (8).
• Eight threes made in a game hadn’t been done since K.C. Rivers on Feb. 7, 2008 at Virginia.
• The Tigers’ Elijah Thomas turned in his eighth double-double of the season and 10th of his career on Feb. 21 at Virginia Tech. It marks the second time this season Thomas has posted back-to-back double-doubles.
• With one more 3-pointer against Virginia Tech, Gabe DeVoe is 11th all-time in the Clemson record book for threes in a career (148). He needs seven more to tie for 10th.