CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers conclude the regular season with a three-game home series against Wake Forest from Thursday to Saturday.
• Who - Wake Forest (29-23, 13-14 ACC) vs. Clemson (31-22, 13-14 ACC)
• Best Ranking - WFU - NR; CU - NR
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - ACC Network Extra (Thursday, Friday), RSN (Saturday)
• Video Announcers - Jose Alvarez (games 1,2), Fred Cunningham (games 1,2), Wes Durham (game 3), Nick Green (game 3), Ron Smith (games 1,2)
• Listen (Radio) - WCCP (105.5 FM), ESPN Upstate
• Listen (Internet) -ClemsonTigers.com, TuneIn
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - ClemsonBaseball
• Promotion (Thursday) - Giveaway - Seth Beer bobblehead for the first 1,000 fans
• Promotion (Friday) - Giveaway - Trading cards set (5/5) for the first 1,000 fans
• Promotion (Saturday) - Senior Day - Clemson honors its seniors with a pregame ceremony.
• Promotion (Saturday) - Game Highlight - Kids run the bases
• Promotion (Saturday) - Giveaway - Color Me Pennant
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 135-58-1 (1901-2018)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 67-22-1 (1901-2017)
• Thursday - RHP Colin Peluse (WFU) vs. LHP Mat Clark (CU)
• Friday - LHP Jared Shuster (WFU) vs. RHP Davis Sharpe (CU)
• Saturday - RHP Ryan Cusick (WFU) vs. TBA
• Clemson, who has a 19-11 home record, defeated Coastal Carolina 14-3 on the road on Tuesday night.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.7 runs per game and hitting .267 with a .366 on-base percentage, .444 slugging percentage and 87 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 4.26 ERA, .244 opponents’ batting average and 2.34 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .971.
WAKE FOREST OVERVIEW
• Wake Forest is led by 10th-year Head Coach Tom Walter.
• The Demon Deacons lost at Radford 8-6 on Tuesday. They are hitting .289 and have a 5.95 ERA and .969 fielding percentage.
• Bobby Seymour is hitting .377 with 82 RBIs, Chris Lanzilli is batting .341 with 15 homers and William Fleming has nine saves.
• This weekend’s series marks the first time since 2014 that Clemson closes a regular season with a home game.
• Clemson is 26-7 when outhitting its opponent and 3-13 when getting outhit.
• Sixteen different Tigers have started at least eight games in the batting order in 2019.
WINNING SEASONS THE NORM
• The Tigers have had a winning record every year since 1965.
• With its 31-22 record in 2019, Clemson has clinched a winning record for the 55th season in a row.
• Clemson’s 55-year streak is the third-longest active streak in the nation, trailing two ACC schools (Florida State 72, Miami (Fla.) 62).
• Clemson has had a non-losing record, which includes seasons with equal number of wins and losses, every season since 1958.
• Bill Wilhelm took over as head coach of the Clemson program in 1958, therefore the Tigers have not had a losing record since he took over.
• Clemson’s 62-year streak of non-losing records is tied for the second-longest active streak in the nation, trailing only Florida State (72).
This series will feature two of the top HR hitting teams in the nation. Wake is 4th in the Power Five, and the Tigers are tied for 7th with Arkansas. Byrd has hit 7 HR’s in the last 10 games, and Davidson leads the team with 14.