Clemson, S.C. – The second-ranked Clemson men’s soccer team will conclude its regular season on Friday night as the team is set to face the NC State Wolfpack at 7:00 p.m. in Raleigh, N.C. The Tigers enter the match with a 13-1-1 record and a 5-1-1 record in ACC play. With a win against the Wolfpack, the Tigers will secure at least a share of the ACC regular-season title and the program’s best regular-season record since 2015. The regular-season title would be the program’s 14th overall.
Match #16 Information
Who: No. 2 Clemson Tigers (13-1-1) at NC State Wolfpack (8-4-3)
When: Friday, Nov. 1 at 7:00 p.m.
Where: Dail Soccer Field/Track Complex
Watch live on ACCNX.
Tickets and live stats at clemsontigers.com
· Clemson is in firm control of the overall series, holding a 38-15-7 record against the Wolfpack.
· Head Coach Mike Noonan holds an 8-1 record against NC State while at Clemson, leading the team to a 3-0 victory in the most recent meeting between the two schools.
· The two sides are familiar foes late in the year, with Friday’s match serving as the 17th time the two schools will meet in the month of November.
· The first match between the two sides was on Nov. 11, 1967. Clemson won that match by a 3-0 margin.
· Overall, Clemson has outscored NC State in the series, 162-75.
· This match will be the third time that Clemson is ranked No. 2 in the country when they face the Wolfpack.
· Clemson’s No. 2 ranking came in the same week that they earned the seventh position in the NCAA’s RPI rankings.
· Clemson is home to the nation’s most prolific scoring offense, with the team averaging 3.80 goals each game. If the Tigers score two or more goals Friday night, the team will finish the season with the best mark in scoring offense since 1998.
· Clemson leads the country in nine statistical categories and is ranked in the top 20 in two additional categories.
· The Tigers are led in scoring by Robbie Robinson and Kimarni Smith, who have scored 14 and 13 goals respectively. Robinson leads the nation in points scored, logging 36 through the opening 15 matches.
· Clemson is the only school to feature three athletes in the top 40 of total goals scored this season. Robinson and Smith are joined by Grayson Barber, who has eight of his own.
· George Marks will look to add to his tally of shutouts on Friday night, earning four in solo fashion and three in combined efforts.
· This past week, and for the third time this year, a Clemson forward earned the league’s honor of Offensive Player of the Week. Robinson shared the award this week with Daryl Dike of Virginia. Robinson was the outright winner of the award the prior week.
NC State Notes:
· NC State is led by Head Coach George Kiefer, who is in his third season at the helm in Raleigh.
· NC State will honor its five seniors prior to Friday night’s match.
· The Wolfpack were the first team to receive votes in the latest United Soccer Coaches poll.
· All of the Wolfpack’s losses this season have come against teams listed within the top 20 of the NCAA RPI. Three of the four losses are against teams ranked in the top five of the RPI.
· NC State is led in scoring by Kude Muskwe, who has four goals, and in assists by Tyler Gabarra, who has contributed five.