CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers hit the road for the second weekend in a row, this time to face NC State in a three-game series at Doak Field.
• Who - Clemson (12-10, 6-6 ACC) vs. NC State (9-9, 4-8 ACC)
• Best Ranking - CU - NR; NCS - NR
• When - Friday (7 p.m.), Saturday (7 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where - Raleigh, N.C. (Doak Field)
• Watch - ACC Network (Friday, Saturday), ACC Network Extra (Sunday)
• Video Announcers - Andrew Ciencin (Sunday), Adam Greenberg (Friday, Saturday), Mike Monaco (Friday, Saturday), Andrew Sanders (Sunday)
• Listen (Radio) - WCCP (105.5 FM)
• Listen (Internet) - ClemsonTigers.com
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - ClemsonBaseball
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 118-87-1 (1921-19)
• Record at NC State - Clemson leads 45-44 (1935-19)
• Friday - RHP Nick Hoffmann (CU) vs. RHP Reid Johnston (NCS)
• Saturday - LHP Keyshawn Askew (CU) vs. RHP Sam Highfill (NCS)
• Sunday - TBA (CU) vs. TBA (NCS)
• Clemson, who has a 3-4 road record, was blanked 2-0 by No. 23 Georgia at home on Tuesday after sweeping Boston College on the road.
• The Tigers are averaging 5.5 runs per game and hitting .249 with a .402 slugging percentage, .355 on-base percentage and 13 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 4.18 ERA, .252 opponents’ batting average and 3.00 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and Clemson is fielding .965.
NC STATE OVERVIEW
• NC State, who has a 4-9 home record, is led by 25th-year Head Coach Elliott Avent.
• The Wolfpack defeated UNC Greensboro 3-0 and have won five in a row. They are hitting .270 and have a 5.50 ERA and .982 fielding percentage.
• Austin Murr is hitting .359 with four homers, 14 RBIs and 20 runs, while Luca Tresh is batting .329 with seven homers and 17 RBIs.
• Clemson scored a run in 144 straight games before it was shut out against No. 23 Georgia. It was the nation's second-longest active streak.
• Clemson is 11-1 when scoring five or more runs in 2021.
• Clemson is 10-0 when outhitting its opponent and 8-0 when totaling double-digit hits in 2021.
ASKEW RETURNS ON TOP OF HIS GAME
• Sophomore lefthander Keyshawn Askew suffered a leg injury in a scrimmage on Feb. 14 and did not make his first outing until March 14.
• He has recovered and been one of the team's best pitchers since his return.
• He is 0-0 with a 1.35 ERA and .259 opponents' batting average in 13.1 innings pitched over three appearances (two starts).
• He has 18 strikeouts against only one walk and has not allowed an extra-base hit.
• Clemson is 2-0 in his two starts, both in ACC games.
• In his career, he is 2-1 with a 3.68 ERA and .273 opponents' batting average in 71.0 innings pitched over 24 appearances (12 starts).
• He has totaled 66 strikeouts against 27 walks in his career.