The last time the Tigers played in Athens was 2019, and I was there for the historic 20-inning game. It was the longest game ever by time and innings for both schools! Unfortunately, the Tigers lost 3-2.
First pitch is at 7:00 on SEC Network. Georgia, of course, beat the Tigers in the first meeting 2-0. Shortly after that, they won 14-2 at No.1 Vandy. The Tigers have lost 6 straight.
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers travel to Athens to take on No. 21 Georgia on Tuesday night.
• Who - Clemson (15-17) vs. Georgia (23-12)
• Best Ranking - CU - NR; UGA - No. 21 Collegiate Baseball
• When - Tuesday (7 p.m.)
• Where - Athens, Ga. (Foley Field)
• Watch - SEC Network
• Video Announcers - Tom Hart, Todd Walker
• Listen (Radio) - WCCP (105.5 FM)
• Listen (Internet) - ClemsonTigers.com
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - ClemsonBaseball
• Overall Record - Georgia leads 127-108-2 (1900-2021)
• Record at Georgia - Georgia leads 71-48 (1900-2019)
• RHP Rob Hughes (CU) vs. RHP Hank Bearden (UGA)
• Clemson, who has a 5-8 road record, was swept in three games at No. 25 Miami (Fla.) last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 5.4 runs per game and hitting .253 with a .405 slugging percentage, .350 on-base percentage and 19 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 4.84 ERA, .265 opponents’ batting average and 2.80 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and Clemson is fielding .966.
• Georgia, who has a 17-8 home record, is led by eighth-year Head Coach Scott Stricklin.
• The Bulldogs won two home games against Kentucky last weekend. They are hitting .282 and have a 3.58 ERA and .977 fielding percentage.
• Connor Tate is hitting .368 with eight homers and 25 RBIs, while Josh McAllister is batting .353 with five home runs and 15 RBIs.
• Georgia blanked Clemson 2-0 at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on March 30 behind a combined five-hit shutout by eight pitchers.
• Clemson’s most-recent game at Georgia was a 3-2 Bulldog win in 20 innings on April 16, 2019.
• Clemson is 12-1 when outhitting its opponent in 2021.
• Sophomore outfielder Kier Meredith has been one of the Tigers' best hitters of late.
• He is hitting .267 with four doubles, a triple, two homers, 11 RBIs, 16 runs, a .364 on-base percentage and two steals in 27 games in 2021.
• He is 15-for-41 (.366) in the last 10 games.
• He leads the team in hit-by-pitches (9).
• He is hitting .304 with runners in scoring position and .360 with two outs.
• He has not committed an error.
• He missed the first five games of the season due to injury.
• In his career, he is hitting .286 with 10 doubles, two triples, four homers, 22 RBIs, a .410 on-base percentage and 11 steals in 66 games.