CARY, N.C. - The 14-seeded Clemson women’s soccer team (12-4-2, 5-3 ACC) readies for its first NCAA Quarterfinals match since the 2006 season and fifth all-time for the program. The Tigers secured their spot among the final eight teams with a 1-1 tie against 3-seeded UCLA, advancing 6-5 on penalty kicks.
Clemson is scheduled to face off against 11-seeded Santa Clara who netted two goals in a shutout victory over 6-seeded Arkansas in the Sweet Sixteen to advance. The match is set to kickoff from WakeMed Field #4 in Cary, N.C. on Sunday, May 9 at 5 p.m. with live coverage on GoHeels.
Sunday’s match gives the 27th year program a chance to secure a place in its first-ever College Cup with the winner between the Tigers and Broncos taking on the winner of the North Carolina / Texas A&M match.
• Who - Clemson (12-4-2, 5-3-0 ACC) vs. Santa Clara (9-1-0, 7-0-0 WCC)
• Current Ranking - CU - No. 6/8 United Soccer Coaches / TDS; Santa Clara - 10/13
• When - Sunday (5 p.m.)
• Where - Cary, N.C. (WakeMed Field #4)
• Watch - GoHeels.com
• Live Stats - NCAA.com
• Social Media - ClemsonWSoccer
• Overall Record - Santa Clara leads 3-0-0 (1996-2002)
• NCAA Tournament Record - Santa Clara leads 1-0-0 (1997)
The only time the two sides have met in the NCAA Tournament was in the 1997 NCAA Quarterfinals, Clemson’s first-ever NCAA Quarterfinals appearance.