- No. 15/15 Clemson takes a 38-11 overall record into the semifinals of the 2022 ACC Softball Championships against No. 2/2 Virginia Tech.
- The Tigers are the No. 5 seed and will be the visiting team against the top-seeded Hokies.
- The Tigers have outscored opponents 253-122 in games this season, including run-ruling 11 opponents.
- Clemson has 363 hits through 52 games, including posting 60 doubles and 61 home runs.
- The Tigers’ pitching staff is posting a 1.78 ERA through 342.1 innings of work and struck out a combined 318 batters.
- The Tigers improve to a 3-1 overall record at the ACC Championship after defeating Notre Dame in the semifinals yesterday.
- Clemson defeated Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech in Louisville last season before dropping the championship game to Duke, 1-0.
- Five Clemson softball players earned ACC honors to end the 2022 regular season.
- Redshirt sophomore Valerie Cagle was the lone Tigers to be named to the First Team as an at-large selection after batting .311 during the regular season with 50 hits, including nine doubles and 11 home runs.
- Sophomore McKenzie Clark was a Second Team honoree after leading the team with a .622 slugging percentage and 37 runs scored through the first 51 games.
- Redshirt sophomore Alia Logoleo received a Third Team nod after batting .271 on the year with 11 home runs, 25 runs scored and 38 RBIs.
- Sophomore Millie Thompson was also a Third Team selection posting a 1.68 ERA in the circle for the Tigers with 12 wins through 22 appearances. She also posted a combined no-hitter and solo no-no during the year.
- Freshman Aby Vieira rounds out the Clemson honorees as an All-Freshman Team selection. She leads the team with a .326 average through 35 games this season after clocking 28 hits.
- The No. 5 seed Clemson Tigers knocked off No. 4 Notre Dame in the quarterfinals of the 2022 ACC Softball Championship on Thursday afternoon.
- The Fighting Irish jumped out to an early lead in the first inning with a two-run homer.
- The Tigers answered in the top of the second with a two-run homer of their own from Alia Logoleo - her 12th homer of the season.
- Cammy Pereira hit a solo home run in the fifth, and the Tigers scored two more that inning off an two-RBI single from freshman Aby Vieira.
- Valerie Cagle added a solo bomb - her 12th of the year, in the seventh, and Sam Russ tallied a RBI single to propel Clemson to a 7-3 victory.
- Sophomore Millie Thompson struck out two batters and only allowed one walk through 88 pitches to earn the victory in the circle and improve to 13-3 on the year.
For complete coverage of the Clemson Softball team, follow @ClemsonSoftball on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. In addition, on Feb. 15 Clemson and IPTAY launched Clemson+, a streaming service feature exclusive Clemson content.