CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers travel to No. 9 Virginia for a three-game series this weekend.
• Who - Clemson (31-18, 9-14 ACC) vs. Virginia (35-12, 14-10 ACC)
• Best Ranking - CU - NR; UVA - No. 9 USA Today
• When - Friday (6 p.m.), Saturday (4 p.m.), Sunday (3 p.m.)
• Where - Charlottesville, Va. (Disharoon Park)
• Watch - ACC Network Extra (Friday, Saturday), ACC Network (Sunday)
• Video Announcers - Channing Poole (Friday, Saturday), Steven Proscia (Friday, Saturday), Lance Cormier (Sunday), Sam Ravech (Sunday)
• Listen (Radio) - Clemson Athletic Network (locally on WCCP (105.5 FM))
• Listen (Internet) - ClemsonTigers.com
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - ClemsonBaseball
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 111-56 (1955-21)
• Record at Virginia - Clemson leads 44-29 (1956-18)
• Friday - RHP Mack Anglin (CU) vs. TBA (UVA)
• Saturday - TBA (CU) vs. TBA (UVA)
• Sunday - TBA (CU) vs. TBA (UVA)
• Clemson, who has a 5-9 road record, lost 7-5 against College of Charleston at Columbia, S.C. on Tuesday.
• The Tigers are averaging 7.9 runs per game and hitting .286 with a .490 slugging percentage, .392 on-base percentage and 26 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 4.50 ERA, .255 opponents’ batting average and 2.18 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and Clemson is fielding .973.
• Virginia, who has a 27-4 home record and is averaging 9.4 runs per game, is led by 19th-year Head Coach Brian O’Connor.
• The Cavaliers defeated Longwood 8-3 at home on Wednesday. They are hitting .319 and have a 3.59 ERA and .976 fielding percentage.
• Jake Gelof is hitting .376 with 17 homers and 68 RBIs, Casey Saucke is batting .359 and Alex Tappen is hitting .352 with 65 RBIs.
• Including this weekend, eight of Clemson’s nine ACC foes, including each of the last seven, have been in the top 25 by at least one poll.
• Clemson has totaled double-digits hits in six games in a row and eight of the last nine games.
• Clemson's hitting .302 with runners in scoring position.
• Four Tiger players received their diplomas during commencement ceremonies in Littlejohn Coliseum on May 12.
• Chad Fairey, Bryar Hawkins, Jackson Lindley and Mac Starbuck all graduated.
• Hawkins and Starbuck graduated with a degree in sports communication.
• Fairey graduated with a degree in parks, recreation & tourism management.
• Lindley graduated with a degree in management.
• Benjamin Blackwell (Dayton) and Tyler Corbitt (The Citadel) entered the season as graduate transfers.
TAYLOR MAKES HIS DEBUT
• Freshman Will Taylor made his debut in a Tiger baseball uniform against No. 21 Georgia Tech on May 6.
• He missed the first 45 games of the season after suffering a torn ACL while playing football for the Tigers on Oct. 2, 2021.
• He is the first Tiger football player to play baseball at Clemson since D.J. Reader (2013), who currently plays for the Cincinnati Bengals.
• He made his return to the playing field 216 days after suffering his season-ending football injury.
• He has started each of the last four games and is hitting .316 with an RBI, four runs and a .381 on-base percentage.
• He has had at least one hit and scored at least one run in each of the four games.