- No. 14/13 Clemson takes a 40-15 overall record into the third overall game of the 2022 Clemson Regional against No. 17/21 Auburn.
- The Tigers are the No. 10 national seed after being selected to host a regional in only the third year of the program.
- The Tigers have outscored opponents 272-131 in games this season and run-ruling 12 opponents - including UNC Wilmington in the opening game of the regional.
- Clemson has 386 hits through 55 games, including posting 64 doubles and 65 home runs.
- The Tigers’ pitching staff is posting a 1.85 ERA through 360.1 innings of work and struck out a combined 328 batters.
- The Tigers are 3-2 in NCAA Regional appearances after winning the first game of the 2022 regional and splitting action, 2-2, in the Tuscaloosa Regional in 2021.
- Redshirt sophomore Alia Logoleo is hitting her stride in the postseason.
- In the ACC Softball Championship, the Nashville, Tennessee native batted .600 going 6-for-10 with three home runs, five RBIs and four runs scored.
- She had a 1.500 slugging percentage and .636 on-base percentage in those three games.
- In her last four games, Logoleo has gone 7-for-13 with four home runs, five runs and eight RBIs. In the last five games, she is 9-for-17 at the plate.
- Against UNC Wilmington, Logoleo had a two-run homer and finished with three RBIs.
UNC WILMINGTON RECAP
- The Tigers start the 2022 NCAA Tournament with a bang by run-ruling UNC Wilmington in the opening game of the Clemson Regional, 9-0.
- Clemson scored six runs in the bottom of the first inning to take a dominant lead and didn't look back by scoring three more over the next four innings to shutout the Seahawks.
- Sophomore Millie Thompson threw a no-hitter against UNCW in the victory tossing only 49 pitches en route to her 14th win in the circle this season. This is the second solo no-hitter of her career - both were run-rule wins.
- McKenzie Clark led the Tigers from the plate going 3-for-3 with two RBIs and one run scored.
- Cammy Pereira, Marissa Giumbarda, Aby Vieira, Alia Logoleo and Maddie Moore each tallied a hit.
- Sam Russ tied Clemson's single-game record for stolen bases with three against the Seahawks to bring her season total to 28. Russ also led the Tigers with two runs scored.
For complete coverage of the Clemson Softball team, follow @ClemsonSoftball on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.