- No. 14/13 Clemson takes a 41-15 overall record into the sixth overall game of the 2022 Clemson Regional against Louisiana.
- The Tigers are the No. 10 national seed after being selected to host a regional in only the third year of the program.
- The Tigers have outscored opponents 273-131 in games this season and run-ruling 12 opponents - including UNC Wilmington in the opening game of the regional.
- Clemson has 389 hits through 56 games, including posting 66 doubles and 65 home runs.
- The Tigers’ pitching staff is posting a 1.85 ERA through 360.1 innings of work and struck out a combined 328 batters.
- Saturday's win against Auburn marked Clemson's 19thshutout win of the year.
- The Tigers are 4-2 in NCAA Regional appearances after winning the first two game of the 2022 regional and splitting action, 2-2, in the Tuscaloosa Regional in 2021.
- If the Tigers win on Sunday, Clemson will advance to the first Super Regional in program history.
CAGLE CALLS GAME
- Redshirt sophomore Valerie Cagle dominates in the circle and at the plate for the Tigers.
- On Saturday against Auburn, Cagle pitched her 15th complete game of the season in the circle and scored the lone run to propel the Tigers to victory.
- The First Team All-ACC selection has 172 strikeouts on the year through 153.2 innings pitched.
- The ACC All-Tournament team member has tallied 53 hits, including 10 doubles, one triple and 12 home runs.
- She is an NFCA First Team All-Region honoree with 40 RBIs on the season and a .571 slugging percentage.
AUBURN RECAP (SATURDAY)
- The Tigers kept the momentum going for their second game of the 2022 Clemson Regional defeating Auburn 1-0.
- In true pitcher's duel fashion, both Clemson's Valerie Cagle and Auburn’s Maddie Penta didn't allow a runner to reach second base through the first three innings of play.
- Both catchers, Aby Vieira and Aspyn Godwin, caught a runner attempting to steal to help play a role in keeping things scoreless through three.
- Clemson broke open the scoring the in fourth inning with back-to-back doubles from Cagle and Marissa Guimbarda.
- Auburn attempted to make a push in the fifth and sixth innings, including loading the bases in the sixth but nothing stuck.
- Cagle struck out six batters without giving up a walk to improve to 16-8 on the year.
- The victory marked Clemson's 19th shutout this season.
For complete coverage of the Clemson Softball team, follow @ClemsonSoftball on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.