- 10-seed Clemson takes a 42-15 overall record into the opening game of the 2022 Stillwater Super Regionals against 7-seed Oklahoma State.
- The Tigers were named the No. 10 national seed during the NCAA Selection Show and hosted a regional in only the third year of the program.
- The Tigers have outscored opponents 281-131 in games this season and run-ruled 13 opponents - including UNC Wilmington and Louisiana in the Clemson Regional.
- Clemson has 398 hits through 57 games, including posting 67 doubles and 67 home runs.
- The Tigers’ pitching staff is posting a 1.79 ERA through 372.1 innings of work and struck out a combined 339 batters.
- Saturday's win against Auburn marked Clemson's 20th shutout of the year.
- The Tigers are 5-2 in NCAA Regional appearances after winning the three games of the 2022 regional and splitting action, 2-2, in the Tuscaloosa Regional in 2021.
- The trip to Stillwater marks Clemson's first Super Regional appearance.
- Sophomore left-handed pitcher Millie Thompson has come into her own in her second season with the program.
- She is posting a 1.54 ERA through 26 appearances and 113.1 innings pitched. She has five solo shutouts, the first five of her career, and has combined for five.
- She is second on the team with 15 wins and has struck out 108 batters while only allowing 86 hits and giving up only 16 walks.
- Thompson started the season throwing a combined no-hitter with teammate Regan Spencer.
- She followed that performance with her first solo career no-no against Furman in the second game of the doubleheader. She was one error away from throwing a perfect game that happened during the first batter of the game.
- Her third no-hitter came against UNCW in the opening game of the Clemson Regional. She pitched five innings with two strikeouts to pick up her third of the season after only throwing 49 pitches.
- In the Clemson Regional, Thompson had two shutouts through 10 innings pitched with nine strikeouts and only allowed one hit and one walk against 33 batters faced.
CLEMSON REGIONAL RECAP
- The Tigers opened the Clemson Regional in dominating fashion with a 9-0 run-rule victory against UNC Wilmington led by McKenzie Clark going 3-for-3 and Alia Logoleo hitting a two-run homer.
- Sophomore Millie Thompson earned the win over UNCW after throwing her second solo no-hitter of the year.
- The game against Auburn was a true pitcher's duel, as both Clemson's Valerie Cagle and Auburn’s Maddie Penta didn't allow a runner to reach second base through the first three innings of play.
- Clemson broke open the scoring the in fourth inning with back-to-back doubles from Cagle and Marissa Guimbarda, and the Tigers' defense held strong through the final three innings to capture the 1-0 win.
- Cagle struck out six batters without giving up a walk to improve to 16-8 on the year against Auburn.
- The Tigers put a cap on the weekend with a five-inning run-rule win over Louisiana.
- Cammy Pereira went 3-for-3 with two runs and two RBIs, and Cagle went 2-for-3 with four RBIs and one home run to lead the charge at the plate as Clemson won 8-0.
- Thompson earned her second win of the weekend throwing five innings.
For complete coverage of the Clemson Softball team, follow @ClemsonSoftball on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.